Sea Kayaking, Basic Course
Welcome to the sea kayaking ocean course. Here you will learn the basic safety, technique and treatment of the kayak equipment so that can paddle with friends and family in sheltered waters
Order now Contact us
Main goals:This course familiarises you with the kayak and its equipment, including life vest and spray cover. Practical exercises teach important safety routines and fundamental kayak manoeuvring techniques.
The course aims to inspire kayaking adventures and prepares you for advanced courses.
- Lifting, carrying, launching and entering your kayak
- Efficient long-distance kayaking
- Stopping and moving backwards
- Moving your kayak sideways
- Bracing (low grip)
- Turning and swivelling
- Disembarking and securing your kayak
- Rescue and self-rescue techniques
- Preventing injury and damage
- Planning a simple excursion
- General safety and basic seamanship for kayakers
- The great outdoors, and Norway’s “Right to Roam”
- Enjoying outdoor adventures – without leaving a trace
- You must bring:
- 2 sets of woollen underwear (leggings and tops)
- 2 pairs of socks, towel, hat and warm mittens
- Fleece or wool sweater
- Packed lunches and hot beverage
If you already have a dry suit and your own equipment, please bring it. Also bring gloves and a waterproof hood.
On the very first day we’ll be out on the water kayaking – so you have a lot to look forward to! If you have an NPF Wet Card, be sure to bring it.
This two-day course lasts about 16 hours.
Please note:All kayaking courses are held by Rana SpesialSport (RSS), a company that has highly-qualified instructors as well as sea kayaking guides, with international certifications.
If you sign up for a course or a guided kayaking excursion, you can be confident that you are getting a safe, rewarding experience. It’s all about mastering the techniques, immersing yourself in the adventure, and pushing your personal boundaries.
- It is a requirement to have valid travel insurance and that you make sure that you have sufficient insurance coverage for all activities you participate in.
Registration is binding.
We look forward to sharing a great kayaking experience with you!
For additional details about the course, click here.:
What is not included:
- The course fee covers only the actual course.
- Participants must provide their own equipment
- Transport to and from Støtt
- Food and beverages.
Copyright © Støtt Brygge AS 2016-2018 | Webmaster Lasse Brun