3 days of kayaking through an incredible fjord, stopping to climb a mountain peak and absorb the breathtaking views. Add one extra day to it, and get the feeling of exploring new territory as you wander over the blue glacier ice of Svartisen/Engenbreen. Once you are equipped with the essentials of a rope, axe and crampons you can safely enjoy the experience. What is holding you back from this amazing opportunity?
The options are endless, but one thing is sure, you will be consistently stunned by the beauty of the nature surrounding you. By the time we return we are likely to have sore muscles, but it will be all worth it as you recall the untouched beauty that you were able to explore.
Having previous kayaking experience will make this trip more enjoyable for you, but is not necessary. Our guides will take the physical capabilities of the group into consideration as we create the itinerary.
The plan to #KayakMeløy:
– 7th: Some instruction then a day trip (5-6hrs at a slow pace) in the area and explore some small rocky islands and bays, stopping for a picnic lunch somewhere on an island. Stay at the comfort of the Vassdalsvik Sea Lodge (self-catering) for the night.
– 8th: Kayak over to Meløy (3-4hrs to get there, leaving plenty of time to explore and lunch on the small islands we are passing by) and hike up to a beautiful cabin on a lake for the night (Self catering, but cabin included in our price, will need sleeping bag).
– 9th: Hike up Meløytinden peak on the island and then kayak back via a different route (weather allowing). Stay at either the VSL or Furøy camping.
– 10th: Glacier hike on Svartisen/Engenbreen. Early morning start to the glacier, allowing you to drive to Bodø in the afternoon/evening.
The total distance kayaking is about 25K which allows us to take it a bit easier and enjoy the nature.
– NOK5990pp for a multi day kayak trip.
– A glacier walk totals roughly NOK1150pp once you include the ferry and bike hire (NOK250). This includes all the necessary kayaking and glacier equipment like a full dry suit, kayak and oar, life jacket etc, and overnighting at the Meløy cabin, plus the crampons, ice axe, rope, harness and helmet that you need for the glacier.
Accomodation at Vassdalsvik Sea Lodge/other places & food (self-catering) will come in addition, from 800 NOK per person pr/night for accomodation at VSL. Take contact for help.
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.rocksandrivers.no